And the painting continues on. Here I’ve started to block in the closest figure. I want to keep the back figure more as a graphic shape and let the contrast of the nearer figure really pop against the back one.
As I paint, not happy with collarbone region and the mouth is a bit off.
I have moved the collarbone up, getting the value structure in, although eventually, I will want the skin color darker as I’m shooting for a more Mediterranean skin tone. I also start to darken behind the figures, waiting for some areas to dry so I can paint and glaze on top.
Now this step did not photograph well. The tones are much closer to the step above. But I am still working the background a bit as I start changing my mind on the arm wrap ) the blue in the original is too close to the sword blue. Also, changed the loin cloth to a darker color. I am getting the collar bone minimized and reading a bit better. Worked back into the background figure, delineating some shapes and veins. Also, grayed out that giant’s beard and hair to fall in line more with the description. Tonight, I still want to darken the skin on the front figure.